As the school year is about to end, the season winds down for the spring sports. All of the sports teams have worked hard this past season in hopes of earning a spot in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) playoffs.
Co-ed varsity badminton finished third place in league with a
Posts Tagged ‘ Sports ’
• Four-year member of the volleyball program
• Captain of the varsity volleyball team in senior year
• ‘Most Improved Player’ in 2011-2012
• Captain of the JV team in sophomore year
• Member of Key Service Club, President for 2012 Fall Semester
• Member of Girls’ League
1. How has volleyball impacted your high school life?
Volleyball has definitely made high
• Four-year member on varsity softball
• ‘Most Valued Player’ in 2012-2013
• Qualified for California Interscholastic Federation twice in junior and senior year
• Signed softball scholarship to play at Indiana Institute of Technology
1. What in particular made you want to join softball instead of another sport?
I chose to play softball because ever since I was
• Four-year member on varsity track and field
• Captain of varsity track and field in senior year
• Qualified to California Interscholastic Federation in track and field (discus and shot-put) in 2012 and 2013
• Two-year member on varsity water polo
• Awarded ‘Best Defense’ in water polo in 2011-2012
• Member of Blocwork
1. What inspired you to first
• Four-year varsity member of the badminton program
• Qualified for California Interscholastic Federation matches all 4 years
• Won ‘2010 Most Valuable Player’
• Won ‘2011 Most Improved Player’
• Won 2012 League singles 3rd place
• Won 2012 League doubles 4th place
• Won first place in the Azusa Tournament Singles Consolation (April 2013)
1. What was your most memorable
• Four-year member of the baseball program
• Received Captain’s Award for football in senior year
• Won 2012 Almont League title with the varsity baseball team
• Named to the Almont League second team for his performance in baseball
• Named ‘Athlete of the Week’ by Pasadena Star News in 2013
• Went undefeated 15-0 in freshman year baseball
• Four-year member of the varsity swim team
•Captain of varsity swim team in senior year
•‘Most Dedicated’ in 2009-2010
•‘Most Valuable Swimmer (MVP)’ in 2010-2011, 2011-2012
•Qualified to California Interscholastic Federation in sophomore and junior year
1. How has swimming impacted your life?
You get to meet a lot of new friends from being in the swim team and [are]
It was a special day for Alhambra High School on May 7, when friends, family and administrators gathered to celebrate the scholarship signing of athletes Christian Caraveo and Tori Simper.
Caraveo, who has been playing football since the sixth grade, worked hard in his position of nose tackle, to become one of the best
Assistant Sports Editor
Chlorine isn’t often known as the best hair product, but it is recognized as an essential ingredient by the AHS varsity swim team, which spends its after school hours lightening their hair and darkening their skin under the spring sun.
They currently have a league record of 1-1, having lost to Gabrielino on
Like every spring sport, the Alhambra coed badminton team has been diligently preparing for league. Having placed third last season with a record of 8-4, the team is hoping to rank in the top three by the time the season ends this year.
The Moors’ first league