Spotlight: Analy Hidalgo
Q: How has leading the team this season been going for you?
A: Each match I have continued to improve my score and teaching the new girls has been a lot of fun.
- How does it feel to be captain as a sophomore?
A: Being captain my sophomore year is a great opportunity to lead a team and it gives me a new level of responsibility.
- What is your goal to improve in this year with golf?
A: [My goal is to] not only to improve my score, but more importantly to improve the score of the team as whole. I want the girls to feel confident with their scores and for our team to improve altogether.
- Why did you choose to join golf your first year?
I played on the course once as a little girl and I loved the environment and the calmness of the game. Joining the team was just a spur of the moment decision, and I’m glad I took a chance on it.
- What are your expectations for the season next year?
A: [My expectations are] to hopefully reach a team score better than last year and for the girls to continue getting better as the season progresses.”
- What is your biggest accomplishment from joining the team?
A: I would say that my biggest accomplishment from this team is being able to help the other girls improve in golf and just getting the experience of being a leader.
- What is some advice you could give to people thinking about joining golf?
A: Take a chance and do it. Go to the course or the range on your own if you can and try it out to see if you like it.
- What do you enjoy most about golf?
A: The competitive atmosphere is very friendly, your opponents are respectful and we all want to see each other succeed. Not only is is there a healthy playing atmosphere but the scenery is amazing.
- How is training for competition like?
A: Well for practice we go to the range and this year training has been fairly easy but I do sometimes make mistakes that my coach points out so that I can improve my score.”
- Will you continue to play into college?
A: I don’t plan on playing for college however I’ll go out on new courses whenever I can. Golf is a sport you can play your whole life.